• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDA net, how the heck does it work

jackal424

Nov 18, 2009
Okay maybe i'm stupid or something. But installed PDA net....restarted...connected to computer....and started USB mode in PDAnet software.....

I dont see a PDAnet icon in my systray for windows vista.... and no internet connection...

am i missing something?

do I have to mount SD or set phone to sync?

please help.... i needed it during a wedding once to help a friend plan...and damn tethering didnt work.

Okay maybe i'm stupid or something. But installed PDA net....restarted...connected to computer....and started USB mode in PDAnet software.....

I dont see a PDAnet icon in my systray for windows vista.... and no internet connection...

am i missing something?

do I have to mount SD or set phone to sync?

please help.... i needed it during a wedding once to help a friend plan...and damn tethering didnt work.

I'm no expert but I am a regular user. Here's what works for me:

Connect the phone to the computer. Don't mount the drive or run sync.

Run PdaNet on the phone and select Enable USB tether.

If you don't see the PdaNet icon in the tray go to Programs > PdaNet for Android > PdaNet Desktop. The icon will appear in the tray.

Click (R or L) on the PdaNet tray icon and select Connect. It should begin connecting in a second and complete the connection within 10 seconds.

It works for me. I hope it works for you.

Upvote 0
All the Registered (paid) version will do is allow you to access secure sites (https) like your bank, PayPal etc. For the normal user, the trial version works fine and will continue to function fine once the trial period expires only without the ability to access those https sites.
Mine works perfectly on my Hero and the old version worked on my MotoQ as well back in the day.....

Love Junefabrics.........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones