• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pedometer/Step Counter for Wear OS?

I'm having the worst problem finding a step counter that will suit the Darling Bride.

Most of the apps out there will record steps, but only during a pre-defined interval (like a specific walk/run, in which the user manually starts and stops the counter). We need an app that will record every step, all day long, and keep a cumulative count that is logged day by day. Ideally, it would be an Android app with a companion Wear OS app, and can sync step counts between the two devices.

Any ideas?

Doesn't Google Fit do that? I know there are a lot of complaints about it not being "accurate" (in that the value recorded by Fit doesn't always correspond with the value reported by a dedicated pedometer like a Fitbit) but it's generally pretty consistent for me (in that the values reported by Fit seem reasonable and accurate reflect my level of activity from one day to the next).

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones