• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root People can't hear me if I have headphones on

Well you know the admires speaker for calls isn't too great, so I tried using my headphones to hear better. But there is a problem. No one can hear me talking while the headphones are in. I don't understand and that makes no sense, basically the headphone port is useless. No one can hear me unless I enable tty VCO, can anyone explain why? and this only helps for calls, but for skype or anything else no one can hear me. Any help please?

Headset with only one headphone slot? Well how can I disable that, I know lots of people that use headphones when they talk. Regular skull candy head phones.

Yeah, the hands free that have the integrated mic is what works.

I know when I plug in my Turtle Beach headset, it mutes the entire phone from external audio. The TB headset I use has a mic but it is USB and the headphones part is 3.5mm.

Some older Metro phones used to come with the hands free earpiece. They even had an in-line mute switch.

Headset with only one headphone slot? Well how can I disable that, I know lots of people that use headphones when they talk. Regular skull candy head phones.
Good Day

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 running on Marshmellow. However, I have a Samsung hearphone that is working properly. Since recently, when I am on a call for example Whatsapp call, I can hear the person but they are not able to hear me. Also, I am not able to send voice not when my hearphone is plugged in because it is not recording. I have read a similar problem like this on the net and they said the case might be the fault. And to think about it I bought a case 3 days back and It is maybe that reason. I tried to plug it in properly but still nothing happens. Please tell me how to solve this

If you think your case may be the cause (stopping you from plugging headphones in properly?) that's really easy to test. (1) was it working before you put the case on, and (2) if you take the case off does it work? If the answer to both is "yes" then it's the case. If the answer to (2) is "no" then it's not the case.

Otherwise, as Mike says does the headphone have a mic? If it does, does it work in another device, and does a different one work in your phone? Just swaps headphones with a friend and call each other to test: if you still have a problem with your phone then it's your phone, if they now have the problem and you don't it's the headphones.

What should happen is, if you are using headphones that don't have a mic, the phone should make its own mic active for the call. And you'll need to hold the phone near your mouth, if it's down in your pants pocket or something, callers may not hear you.

I know one phone I had, think it was a Nokia Symbian, and it would state "Use the phone mic for calls." and that was when using headphones without a mic in them instead of the stock Nokia headset, which did have a mic .

What should happen is, if you are using headphones that don't have a mic, the phone should make its own mic active for the call. And you'll need to hold the phone near your mouth, if it's down in your pants pocket or something, callers may not hear you.

I know one phone I had, think it was a Nokia Symbian, and it would state "Use the phone mic for calls." and that was when using headphones without a mic in them instead of the stock Nokia headset, which did have a mic .

My HTC M7 & M9 have the equivalent of this in that there are two distinctly different earphone indicators that appear in the notification bar depending on whether a 3 ring earphone plug (microphone equipped) or 2 ring earphone plug (without microphone) is in use, and the phone makes the appropriate microphone active.

Screenshot_20170403-102526.png Screenshot_20170403-102308.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom