• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Persistent 3 updates available since GB

mplevy

Android Expert
Ever since the GB update my phone has persistently alerted me of 3 application updates being available. I'm on the latest OTA (the fixed GB OTA), I got the first "broken" GB OTA and it's been like this since. If I select the notification, it takes me to the market in my non-primary Google account (I have 2 but should REALLY kill the old one off) and both accounts show no updates available. If there is an update, the number is incremented by that number so if there are 2 it'll show 5.

A colleague has a T-bolt, he installed the leaked OTA (the first one I got but he did it on his own) and has yet to get the new one, his does it also. I have a feeler out to my sister and her BF as they both have T-Bolts to see if they also have this.

Anyone else here see this? I am NOT interested in rooting and I'd rather not wipe it but if I absolutely MUST, I will.

I REALLY wish Google and app developers would get their acts together on syncing game scores and such to the cloud so we wouldn't lose them with a wipe.

Ever since the GB update my phone has persistently alerted me of 3 application updates being available. I'm on the latest OTA (the fixed GB OTA), I got the first "broken" GB OTA and it's been like this since. If I select the notification, it takes me to the market in my non-primary Google account (I have 2 but should REALLY kill the old one off) and both accounts show no updates available. If there is an update, the number is incremented by that number so if there are 2 it'll show 5.

A colleague has a T-bolt, he installed the leaked OTA (the first one I got but he did it on his own) and has yet to get the new one, his does it also. I have a feeler out to my sister and her BF as they both have T-Bolts to see if they also have this.

Anyone else here see this? I am NOT interested in rooting and I'd rather not wipe it but if I absolutely MUST, I will.

I REALLY wish Google and app developers would get their acts together on syncing game scores and such to the cloud so we wouldn't lose them with a wipe.

Mine has been doing the exact same thing since the first GB update. Can't figure out why either.

Have you tried clearing the Market Cache? If not, go to settings>applications>manage applications, choose the All tab at the top of the page, look for the Market app, tap it, choose clear cache ( I would clear data also.) This might help, might not, but at least its something.

BigRedGonzo

I know on mine, in the notification bar, it would show updates available, but opening My Apps doesn't show "Updates available" on any. However, I DID finally find what was causing mine.

Scrolling ALLLLLLLLL the way down, it shows a list of "Not Installed" apps.. those are Verizon apps preinstalled. They're showing that they aren't installed, but it's just because they have updates not installed as of yet. If I click on any of those apps, I get an "Update" button in the app description. I know on mine, I was getting the "update available" because of those.

I know on mine, in the notification bar, it would show updates available, but opening My Apps doesn't show "Updates available" on any. However, I DID finally find what was causing mine.

Scrolling ALLLLLLLLL the way down, it shows a list of "Not Installed" apps.. those are Verizon apps preinstalled. They're showing that they aren't installed, but it's just because they have updates not installed as of yet. If I click on any of those apps, I get an "Update" button in the app description. I know on mine, I was getting the "update available" because of those.

Thanks. Found Rhapsody, Vcast Music and Verizon Video among my "not installed" but had updates...

Back
Top Bottom