• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phantom notifications when there is nothing to notify

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
I factory reset my Note 3 due to battery issues. The jury's still out as to whether this fixed it but I now have another problem. I get a notification sound at random intervals - can be 3 in 30 minutes or 1 every 6 hours. There is no notification to be seen when I drag the bar down to look. Annoyingly, when this happens during the night the phone buzzes although I have it set to silent not vibrate.

I have looked on the web for solutions and there seem to be plenty of other people with the same issue on the Note 3 but I can't find a solution. Things which were suggested which I've tried but didn't solve it include turning off NFC, installing Notification History (no notifications showing when noise sounds) and uninstalling potential problem apps such as GPS Status. The 2 main suggestions seem to be to factory reset which is exactly what I had done and Settings>Accessibility>Vision and turn off Notification Reminder but then I get no notifications at all which rather defeats the object.

Does anyone have any suggestions please, it's driving me mad?

Why don't you install a different official firmware from Sammobile?

I used to have this problem but then I rooted my phone and then flashed a custom ROM and forgot all about that :D

It's up to you on where you'd like to go now but I think it's time for a Custom ROM :rolleyes:

I've never been brave enough to root my phone, I'm quite convinced I'll turn it in to a paperweight! I have made a few tweaks here and there and, touch wood, it seems to have gone away although I have no idea what made it stop.

It gets hard at first. I would know because I kind of messed up my Note 3 a few times in the beginning but then it got easier as I understood what was required for the necessary changes. I think you'll like rooting and flashing a custom ROM. Why? Because the phone feels fresh, you can have the S7/Note 5 hybrid or a Nexus feel... You can always ask if you are uncertain.

i have been putting up with Random Notification sounds where there is nothing to notify. Then i turned off all notifications and still get the sound.
So i fixed it by doing the following. -
Settings - Smart Manager - top right corner MORE and open Notification Settings
Turned off the 3day app warning and vola, done, no more annoying dings for no reason.

Please let me know if that worked

Back
Top Bottom