• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone 1 day old and lost 4G

JKH62

I had my Commando 4G set up and running sweet. It came Fedex Friday morning. I opened the box and plugged the charger in and went about my day. When I got home and the phone was fully charged I activated it without issue. The 4G was snappy and noticeably faster than 3G. The phone is a HUGE improvement over the original Commando.

I used it all day Saturday and it was 100% 4G connection. Wireless worked great and no connection issues or hardware problems. I spent the afternoon turning off all the crap I could thru the app manager ( Verizon). I put the phone on the charger Saturday night and Sunday morning it woke up and was running fine. Its sometime around mid day my 4G connection was dropped. I could not connect back to 4G service no matter what I did on my end.

Switch network from "Global" to CDMA / LTE
Reboot
Battery pull / reboot
Remove and re-insert SIM card.

I ended up calling Verizon and they walked me thru everything I just mentioned with no fix. They said it was likely a bad SIM card so I went to the closest Vz store and swapped it. Its been fine now for most of the day.

Do SIM cards just "go bad" or is it something else ???

I see the network likes to default back to "Global" which has more radio's running. Does CDMA / LTE network mode save battery life ???

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&hl=en

i use this to turn my 4g off, maybe you can use it to turn it ON? good luck

If you slide down your notification tray, the button with two vertical arrows does the same thing.

This might be a stupid question, but OP, are you sure you didn't just turn it off? In your settings under Data Usage, can you turn Mobile Data on and off? Or did it just stay off? Were you getting 3g but not 4g?

Also, if power saving mode is on via settings or the widget, that can turn off Mobile Data.

If you slide down your notification tray, the button with two vertical arrows does the same thing.

This might be a stupid question, but OP, are you sure you didn't just turn it off? In your settings under Data Usage, can you turn Mobile Data on and off? Or did it just stay off? Were you getting 3g but not 4g?

Also, if power saving mode is on via settings or the widget, that can turn off Mobile Data.

Nope, not turned off for certain.

After 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon tech help then going to the local Verizon store which could not get it to work they swapped SIM cards and all was well. Running like a champ now.....

Back
Top Bottom