• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone chargers killing my phone?

LaterDaze

Lurker
One day out of the blue my Xperia Pro, after having it for less than 5 months, stopped being able to charge. I tried two different chargers with various methods (wall plug, CPU, PS3) and none of them worked. They tried at the Fido store as well and they couldnt get it to charge.

So they sent it for repairs and I'm assuming it was unfixable, because they sent me a brand new phone of the same model. I brought it home and, using the same two chargers, the damn thing wont charge. After venting to myself for a few minutes I paniced and unplugged the phone from the charger.

The only logical thing I can think of is that one of my chargers is malfunctioning hardcore and killing my phone. Has anyone heard of this happening?

I haven't had a problem with my Pro, but when I had the xperia x8 it wouldn't charge, and it was supposedly repaired but then stopped charging again. It uses the same type of charge that the Pro has.
It's extremely annoying. But I have no idea what caused it.

It is very rare that the charger itself would cause this problem, provided it is an official Sony charger. However in this circumstance I would advise getting both the handset and the chargers used through to an authorised repair agent to have them assessed.

Back
Top Bottom