• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone crashes everytime I hit the home or back button within an app! please help!

dberroth

Lurker
Everytime I hit the back button or home button when I am within an application, and sometimes including even being in GMAIL or Messaging, it will automatically crash and go to the white screen with the Green HTC, or just reboot the home screen. I am not sure what has happened, It is not rooted and I don't have many applications installed, the ones that are pretty basic overall. Any ideas of what direction to go would be greatly appreciated!!:):)

I would take a look at several things: 1) How much internal memory do you have? Sometimes when you have too many apps dl'ed to your phone's memory, this will definitely eat away at the speed and processes of your phone. 2) Do you have any malware? Download Lookout or the new McAfee security app and make sure you haven't dl'ed anything malicious. 3) Have you tried a hard rest? I would suggest you copy EVERYTHING on your memory card to a PC and then do a hard reset look here. And, finally if all else fails, then you might need to take it to a repair center. And, if I were you, I'd take it ASAP since Sprint has graciously opened up their open enrollment for their Total Equipment Protection (TEP) to any customer who didn't get it when they first got their phone.

So, if you're so inclined, take your phone in, get the TEP which costs $8 extra per month (you can cancel it at anytime!) and as soon as you pay, you're covered and, as soon as you're covered, tell them to repair it! Good luck.

Thanks Cory for replying. I am going to backup everything. It is just weird because now My market won't even open and it crashes automatically. Yes, I have lookout and it says everything is fine. I am trying to backup what I can and I might try that TEP enrollment. Memory seems to be fine, so I guess maybe look at a software issue or some malware that maybe got buy Lookout? Thanks!

So I found the solution to my problem. Paradise Island the app recently had an update and it was crashing my launcher for all my apps including market. I did two hard resets and it still wasn't fixed, so I didn't install that app and did some research and realized that was crashing MY WHOLE PHONE. Not good when an upate can crash your phone that easily. Always BACKUP! :):)

Back
Top Bottom