• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone dialer location/configuration

kaiotes

Lurker
Need some help man. i used to own a g2, now i got a g3. i noticed the phone dialer button is now in the middle. how do i move it to the left side. this is driving me crazy. why did they do this!!! if i wanted it in the middle i would have bought an iphone (intentionally didnt) thanks

Do you mean the dial tab at the top or the green call button at the bottom? The tab positions are editable via the menu. The button can't be moved from the bottom left position as far as I know in stock. Maybe you're posting about something different?

The actual button that you press to initiate the phone call . at the bottom

Do you mean the dial tab at the top or the green call button at the bottom? The tab positions are editable via the menu. The button can't be moved from the bottom left position as far as I know in stock. Maybe you're posting about something different?

Wow, I've never seen it anywhere but bottom left. Sorry, I'm of no help. Are you rooted or using some app that moves things around?

Not rooted. G2 had it on the left hand side
Not used to having this in the middle.
Would rooting it give me more options?

So you want it to look like this? Green button bottom left?

Attachments

• 1444148297810.jpg
    1444148297810.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 72
As far as I know that is the only way it comes. This is the stock appearance and the buttons are not subject to change through the normal dialer interface. This is above my pay grade, but I have to believe that you have installed an app that changes the dialer configuration (since you are not rooted). Is that possible?

i dont have any phone dialer apps installed
do you have a recommendation on one that would have it on the left hand side

Back
Top Bottom