• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone Dialer Screen and Rotation

Okay, here's my problem, wondering if anyone else has it and what they did about it or if there are suggestions.

I am using MyTouch 3g Slide, rooted using Cyangenmod 7. I use Takephone as my dialer. After I dial a number in Takephone, the phone switches to the default dialer screen for some reason, when that happens, in portait the screen will not stay on although call is still progressing. Makes it impossible to input additional info. When rotated to landscape, the default dialer screen is not complete...all jammed together, cannot scroll it. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Is it a Cyangenmod question or do I have something set incorrectly that I should look for? I would really like Takephone to take the call completely throughout. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay, here's my problem, wondering if anyone else has it and what they did about it or if there are suggestions.

I am using MyTouch 3g Slide, rooted using Cyangenmod 7. I use Takephone as my dialer. After I dial a number in Takephone, the phone switches to the default dialer screen for some reason, when that happens, in portait the screen will not stay on although call is still progressing. Makes it impossible to input additional info. When rotated to landscape, the default dialer screen is not complete...all jammed together, cannot scroll it. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Is it a Cyangenmod question or do I have something set incorrectly that I should look for? I would really like Takephone to take the call completely throughout. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Afraid TAKEphONE can not take the call after it was initiated - it's the OS telephony app that handles everything.

Does this also happen when you start a call from the built in phone app ?

I had the same problem with in call screen rotation and fixed it by going to Settings->Call Settings and uncheck "Enable sensor rotation". This won't allow Takephone to handle the call completely but it will force the phone to not go into landscape while on the call screen.

I'm running the latest CM7 nightly.

Back
Top Bottom