• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone frozen--accept refurb or demand new unit?

My friend has had a Samsung Fascinate for about a week now. A couple days ago, she was trying to answer a phone call, and the screen froze on her (a sadly familiar tale to me--happens regularly to my Eris). She called Verizon and they said they would send her a new phone. When she got home yesterday, it was on her porch waiting for her. But when she opened it, there was a big sticker on the phone that clearly indicated it was a refurb. She was pretty mad, since she bought a new phone, she wanted and expected a new phone. But then we thought maybe the refurb has fixed this issue, and some others perhaps, that I've been reading about here. Feedback, anyone? Thanks for your help!

ok, let me get this straight, your friend bought the phone brand new a week ago, and they send her a refurb? i would be furious, call them back and demand a new unit, if they wont send you a new one, take it back to the store that you got it from and get a replacement from them, most stores will replace it no problem if its been 30-90 says, depending on policy of returns

ok, let me get this straight, your friend bought the phone brand new a week ago, and they send her a refurb? i would be furious, call them back and demand a new unit, if they wont send you a new one, take it back to the store that you got it from and get a replacement from them, most stores will replace it no problem if its been 30-90 says, depending on policy of returns
+1

Thanks everyone. She went in to the VZW store last night and got a new SF "But it wasn't easy," she said. She had gotten the phone at a Cellular Connection store, and tried there first, but they said they were "all out" of SFs. Right. So they didn't want to help her at the regular Verizon store cause she hadn't gotten it there. That is total crap. If Verizon sells it, and it isn't working right, they need to make it right. She shouldn't have had any trouble. I appreciate your input. I was reading her your responses while she waited in line at the VZW store, and she really appreciated it.

If you buy from an "Authorized Dealer" you have to deal with them for any issues. Direct stores typically will not handle any issues with items not purchased from another direct store. I'm glad you got it all worked out but for future reference, avoid authorized dealers.

aaahhh she didnt buy from vzw, she bought from a third party.
shes lucky they dealt with her at all.
cellular connection should e responsible, not verizon

Back
Top Bottom