• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Newbie Questions...

JIMV

Android Enthusiast
I just replaced a Galaxy S4 with a Xperia Z and have a few questions...Is there a way to improve the screen view (ie; how does one use the white settings and what do they do?). In my brief experience with the Galaxy I was spoiled by the screen...Very clear and very HD. (unfortunately the phone had a host of issues aside from the screen so I had to replace it after only a couple of weeks).

IMHO, screen resolution on the Sony does not compare to the Galaxy, though I may have the settings messed up.

Does anyone know of a video chat app that would work on both an Xperia Z and a windows 8 phone (my wife's)? WeChat worked on my even older Droid Razor HD but does not seem to give me the same video option on the Xperia.

The phone came with Android version 4.1.2...Does anyone know if there are plans to update to a newer Android version???

Have you tried Skype for video chat? My wife and I and some friends of ours have been using it for years.

We use that on a daily basis on our computers but I have never tried that on a phone...How is the picture quality?

how does one use the white settings and what do they do?

It's not a scientific process unfortunately; just play with the Hue slider until the white/greyscale tones are to your liking, then fine-tune with Saturation.

IMHO, screen resolution on the Sony does not compare to the Galaxy

Screen res is the same (1920 x 1080) on both, but the Sony's LCD certainly lacks the Samsung's AMOLED 'punch'.

The phone came with Android version 4.1.2...Does anyone know if there are plans to update to a newer Android version???
The non-US versions (C6602/3) have already received updates to 4.2.2 and are set to receive 4.3 during the next month according to Sony, with 4.4. following some time after that. I'd like to think that the C6606 would do likewise, but I've not seen any definitive word.

Back
Top Bottom