• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone not responding to my touch 1/2 the time

baberz

Okay so I've asked some questions around the forum, but I have yet to get any kind of answer or seen anyone else with my same problem.

Half the time that I am using the phone doing normal things ex: writing a text, going to the market, opening up an app, etc. the phone will not respond to my touch. I have to lock my phone and then unlock it to get it to respond.

I personally don't think that is normal and if it is it should not be a normal thing someone has to deal with.

Any help please? :(

That's definitely not right. Sounds like a defective phone. I'd suggest calling Verizon and getting it replaced.

If it's within your 30 days, they're obligated to replace it with a new phone.

It's definitely not normal. You can try a factory reset before you bring it to them just to make sure it's not some odd software issue.

If it's within your 30 days, they're obligated to replace it with a new phone.

It's definitely not normal. You can try a factory reset before you bring it to them just to make sure it's not some odd software issue.

How do you do a factory reset? I would assume under the settings?

How do you do a factory reset? I would assume under the settings?

Go into Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

It'll clear off all of your applications and personal information, will be like a new phone. Just figured since you'll be trading it in anyway and will lose all of your apps etc, it's worth a try.

Go into Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

It'll clear off all of your applications and personal information, will be like a new phone. Just figured since you'll be trading it in anyway and will lose all of your apps etc, it's worth a try.

Well there really isn't any point in doing that since my phone was doing this straight form the box, before I ever even downloaded any apps. It's a hardware problem, I'm gonna call verzion and get a new phone shipped my way.

I would be more understanding if more droid x owerns had this problem, but it seems like many of them don't and I shouldn't have to deal with this problem anymore.

I would be more understanding if more droid x owerns had this problem, but it seems like many of them don't and I shouldn't have to deal with this problem anymore.

I don't know why there would be any circumstance where you should be understanding about the touch screen not responding and requiring a lock/unlock.

I'd return the phone for a different model before I'd put up with that...

Hope you get it replaced quickly!

My first one did the same thing. Get it replaced.
We are trouble shooting...already called and did a reboot once and now we are moving forward to do a hard rest.

I don't know why there would be any circumstance where you should be understanding about the touch screen not responding and requiring a lock/unlock.

I'd return the phone for a different model before I'd put up with that...

Hope you get it replaced quickly!
Very true! After this phone call I should be getting a replacement sent to me.

I had the same problem, they replaced mine with a used phone. It is doing the same thing as the last one. Locks up for several minutes then starts acting normal for a while. I kill the apps, etc. nothing helps.
Since I had a second defective unit I just installed the leaked 2.2 and that has helped a lot. It still freezes from time to time but seems to correct itself much quicker. I'm hopeful the official version will help correct the problem.

Get it replaced.

My phone on launch day did the exact same thing. They replaced it right there on the spot with my current phone that works flawlessly.

And people sometimes wonder why there are those who still prefer to go to the store rather than the online ordering.:p

Looks like I'm gonna have to get it replaced...we did a reboot and a complete reset and its still jacked. So I'm getting a frickin' refurb of a phone? WTF is that? I didn't pay $250 for a damn refurb!!!

That sucks about the refurb. I would be mad if I paid for a NEW phone and the company sent me a "like new" phone to replace it. But what can you do? I've seen a lot of people get refurbs and they still love them so I guess it's just the principal.

That sucks about the refurb. I would be mad if I paid for a NEW phone and the company sent me a "like new" phone to replace it. But what can you do? I've seen a lot of people get refurbs and they still love them so I guess it's just the principal.
Yea I'm gonna try my hardest to not let me give me a refurb, $250 bucks it a lot of me to just drop on a damn refurb.

mine has done that a couple times.
There is a big difference in a couple of times and ALL the time!

Well VZW is sending me a brand NEW droid x! Spoke to a great tech who is also a droid x user. He probably understood my frustrations and couldn't imagine if his phone was doing the crap my phone was doing!

EDIT/

I also wanted to say thanks to all the users for their input. Ya'll rock! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom