• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone not staying Wifi connected in sleep mode even though I have it set too?

JDUBXL

Anyone else notice their phone not staying connected to wifi in sleep mode even with work around programs or settings applications running that should prevent the wifi loss?

I use two different programs that should be keeping the wifi on during sleep mode. One is my Trillian messenger app which has a setting to do it and the other is KeepWifi which is a app on the play store which should do exactly what it says. I just now started noticing my phone switching to 4g when going into sleep and as far as I am aware, it was not doing this in the last few weeks that I have had the phone.

Can anyone share any tips or insight? I have of course rebooted the phone a few times to see if that would resolve the issue.

Go into the advanced wifi settings in your settings menu and switch it to keep the wifi always on during sleep.

Hmm. I have that option set right but the phone seems to still be losing WiFi when it goes into a deep sleep.

I have an issue with my WiFi dropping out too. It doesn't happen often in the first place, and it only needs a single off/on toggle to get it going again, but it's weird all the same. It's fully awake and claims the reason is for being "out of range" of the single network it had been using before, during and after. :confused:

Anyone else notice their phone not staying connected to wifi in sleep mode even with work around programs or settings applications running that should prevent the wifi loss?

I use two different programs that should be keeping the wifi on during sleep mode. One is my Trillian messenger app which has a setting to do it and the other is KeepWifi which is a app on the play store which should do exactly what it says. I just now started noticing my phone switching to 4g when going into sleep and as far as I am aware, it was not doing this in the last few weeks that I have had the phone.

Can anyone share any tips or insight? I have of course rebooted the phone a few times to see if that would resolve the issue.

Smart Sync is the culprit. I think the only fix right now is the one described in this link. Must by rooted. Which means it's not a fix for me.

[HOW TO] Fix HTC SmartSync wifi/mobiledata disabling in deep sleep - xda-developers

Yep, totally works from my experience testing it tonight as well. Really glad awesome people are able to find ways to fix things without requiring root access. Major props goes out to everyone involved in figuring out the problem and making this fix happen!

Back
Top Bottom