• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 'Phone number' doesn't match SIM

bjlabuk

Hi,

I bought a Samsung GT-I5800. When I checked the firmware version I discovered that it had Android 2.1 version I5801ZHJH1 installed. So I flashed my phone and now have 2.2 rooted.

However when I go into Settings>About Phone>Status I have noticed that the Phone number there is not the same as my SIM Phone number. This has not caused any problem making calls or texting, but when i set up a Google Account I discovered that this odd 'Phone Number' was automatically transferred into my account.

My phone is rooted but I can't find any way of changing the Phone Number.

Can anyone help?

Ah, I have done a bit of research and it seems that the phone number showing in the 'Status' section is probably the original number assigned to the SIM card before I ported my current number over to it when i changed provider. The problem is changing the information on the SIM card.

Apparently you can't change it in Android, but an iPhone can change the number on the SIM card by going to Settings -> Phone menu.

I will have to find someone with an iphone who can change it for me !.

Done a bit more research. This link is very useful and gives a list of phones where you can change the original number on the SIM card to your existing phone number:

Nexus One - Phone Number Unknown - Page 3 - Vodafone eForum

I used a Samsung GT-S5230 Tocca lite.

Insert your Sim card. Got to Menu > Settings > Application Settings > Phonebook > Own Numbers.

Under Names it had 'No Names' and under 'Number' it had the original number assigned to my SIM card.

I clicked on the number and the virtual keypad appeared, allowing me to edit the number. Changed it to my current number and saved the changes.

Put it back into my Samsung I5800 and went to Settings > About Phone > Status and my current number now appears under 'Phone Number'.

Sorted!

Back
Top Bottom