• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Portal / Sharing etc. Over Wifi

zabzoo

Lurker
I've got my new Milestone and have been experimenting. I am unable to view shares on Windows XP or 7 with ES File Explorer / AndroXplorer / Linda Manager / Samba Explorer; I am also not able to share my SDCARD over Wifi using Samba FileSharing.

I have rooted the device; but for some reason it seems like none of the applications are able to use anything related to SMB whether incoming or outgoing.

Phone Portal only works if I plug the USB cable in, but also doesn't work on the IP it offers when activating it. The WIFI also works fine. I can access the internet, and I have a utility that shows the WIFI's IP Address and I can ping the router form the phone using a ping app.

I've got Motorola Milestone (Firmware 2.2.1 Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-gafbfc43 w21529@il93lnxebld12#1 Build Number SHOLS_U2_05.26.4

I'm fairly new to android and I have been very excited since the beginning to access Windows Shares from my phone or from Windows the phone's SD Card over WIFI without success - assistance would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom