• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone randomly goes into Fastboot mode

Biccode

Lurker
Dec 4, 2022
My Redmi note 9Thas been randomly going into fastboot mode. The various internet fixes dont work and quite often I have to leave it sometime 10 mins sometime 10 hours and then it randomly comes back to life. It may then go several days before it happens again but sometimes it will be 5 mins
It is frustrating and I would like to know why it is doing it. If I can work that out I may be able to get a fix. Any ideas please?

(Is it possible that it could act like this if it gets cold?)

Hi

Not exceptionally cold just normal temperature with no heating, not even into the negatives.

Things I have tried:

- Holding the on/off button for 15 secs, 30 secs more than a couple of minutes

- Holding the on/off button while holding the vol up and down buttons for various amounts of time

- Allowing the battery to run down (cannot take the battery out easily, it is a sealed case

Thanks

N

Upvote 0
Hi

Not exceptionally cold just normal temperature with no heating, not even into the negatives.

Things I have tried:

- Holding the on/off button for 15 secs, 30 secs more than a couple of minutes

- Holding the on/off button while holding the vol up and down buttons for various amounts of time

- Allowing the battery to run down (cannot take the battery out easily, it is a sealed case

Thanks

N
Hmmm, do you see an android when it is inside recovery?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No the phone vibrates and the redmi symbol appears for 5 secs, disappears, then vibrates and appears again maybe 10 secs later and this repeats. After I have pressed the power and volume buttons, it vibrates and the word FASTBOOT (in orange capitals) appears and disappears regularly.

It will sort itself out after anything from 10 mins to 10 hours.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones