• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone randomly switches to silent mode

Hey all!
I've been a long time lurker of these boards and have found some solutions for various problems with my phones. I don't think I've seen this asked but forgive me if it's a repeat question.

I just recently noticed within the past month that my phone switches to silent at random times. It happens whether I'm using an app or just letting it sit around. I've had the phone since the month it came out and have only updated the software once (about 2 months ago, I think).

Have any of you had this problem? And how can I fix it? I've missed some important calls because of it.

Thanks!

I had a problem like this but it was caused by me accidently touching the volume button when having it in my case or putting it in the case. I solved the problem by adding an app Volume Control +. Your problem may be different but even if different this app will "lock" the volume for you.

The phone comes with a built-in option to silence your phone between certain times automatically. Go to System Settings>Sound>Quiet Time. Maybe you accidentally activated it and didn't realize it.

Back
Top Bottom