• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Recommendation for Android Auto?

Hi All,
I'm in the market for a new phone and I really want to get one that works with Android Auto. I currently have a Pixel that hasn't been able to connect to the car since Oreo (I've tried more tricks than I care to count). This seems like a fundamental problem with Google's USB-C driver; but it also looks like it affects others phones. So a Pixel 2 looks like it's out because it seems to have the same issue; and I've seen similar complaints with the Galaxy S9.

Can anyone recommend a good stable android phone that will work well with AA? For what it worth my head can only connect via USB-C.

Thanks both for the responses! So I take it that the S8 is relatively stable with AA? Perhaps it doesn't use USB-C?

Dannydet, do you mean that whatever phone I get has about a 50% chance of working anyway?

With all I've tried, each phone manufacturer and each car manufacturer are never on the same page when it comes to Android Auto. So it's basically a 50 50 chance that it'll work

Thanks for the feedback -- I sort of suspected that was the situation. Not thrilled by the idea of dropping that much money for something that may or may not work...

I'm looking for one myself. Currently I'm on Pioneer 4100 NEX, and I'm using a standard USB cable, with a USB C adapter from TechMate. It works with Nexus 6P, but it's not working for Pixel XL.
Looking either for a good USB C cable (which means I have to open up my dashboard.. sigh), or a better USB C adapter.

Back
Top Bottom