• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone resets automatically

Red328

Lurker
Hello all. I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out. I have a ZTE Avid 4G (obviously), running 4.0.4, not rooted.

On to the problem. Just a bit ago I went to search something using the default Google search widget, but that kept freezing and force closing. I tried a few more times, with no success. I restarted my phone, just on the off chance that helped. No such luck. It let me type my query, and loaded chrome, then the phone shut off to the android boot up screen (blueish silver lettering, can't post a link to a picture right now.).

Now, it's stuck in a loop of resetting to that screen. It's not the same as when I restart it manually, because it doesn't show the MetroPCS screen or droid dude, just the text android screen. In between resets, there's a very brief amount of time where I can unlock and use the phone, but that only lasts like 30 seconds max. I've just shut it down for the time being.

Any help is appreciated. If I forgot to mention anything, let me know and I'll try to provide the information. I've had the phone for a few months now with no issues up till now.

And I tried googling this issue before posting, but couldn't really find any similar issues recently.

(Also, I'm heading to bed for the night, so I'll read and reply to any posts when I wake up. Thanks in advance.)

My first thing to try would be a factory reset. You can reach stock recovery by pressing the volume up button and holding it and then pressing the power button until the screen comes on. You should be able to find it from there. Your initial boot will take some time so don't panic. Note you will lose any data on your phone, but not your sd card. Also before any of this, make sure your battery is charged.

Back
Top Bottom