• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone sound quality

I have a Pixel 6, phone call quality has deteriorated since last updates there was method to improve which it did now lost it:-(
I use Bluetooth with Phonic hearing aids.
Any suggestions have looked on line could not find anything that was able to fix
Peter

I've read that the Pixel and Phonax aids became an iffy connection with Android 13 upgrade. I'm struggling with my S21 Ultra and 13. I feel your pain. Try as I might, I can find zero fix for my phone /aids connection problems except to change phone or aids. I've not searched for a solution for your phone / aid combination. I hope you aren't in the dire straights that I'm in.

If you're comfortable trying out various tweaks to your Pixel, try enabling its Developer Options menu, scroll down to the Networking section, and there should be a number of different Bluetooth options to experiment with that might possibly help improve the audio quality to your hearing aids. Don't get too overzealous and change more than one at time. Try each one to see if it helps,or if it doesn't you can just reset it back to its default. More details here:

This isn't going to help you but there is a significant Bluetooth upgrade in the works that will supposedly improve aspects like audio quality standards. There's no specific date on its release by the Bluetooth development team, and even when it does get released it'll take a while after that before it gets integrated into Android. If anything, Bluetooth audio quality issues are a known issue so there is hope even if it doesn't mean much right now.

Back
Top Bottom