• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone stopped waking up

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Last few days phone doesn't seem to want to wake up, looking around on the web I can see that some people have this issue with the alarm clock, mine is fine (so far) with the alarm, it is just when I press the power button to turn screen on and see messages / emails etc I have received and it just won't turn on...I start pressing frantically to try and wake it and sometimes I can hear a click (the click when the screen locks again) but nothing comes on screen. If I leave it a couple of minutes after trying then it will usually come on...if not that time then rinse, repeat and it eventually does. Has anyone else had this issue?
Also, don't know if this is the same issue but every time it has done it today the screen hasn't been as bright as it usually is, which is strange because the UK has sunlight today, I would expect it to be brighter if anything ;) The screen is on auto brightness and when I un-check that box it does go brighter so not too big an issue on that part for the moment...

What software version are you on? I recall this being an issue with older versions. I think it was something to do with the Contrast setting in Settings -> Displays.

Does the camera button wake the screen?

Back
Top Bottom