• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Storage Getting Low - How to Fix?

I've had this message on my phone (an Evo Shift 4G) since downloading some app updates this afternoon. When I looked at the application management settings, I saw that Facebook, Overdrive Media, and several others were the biggest offenders (roughly 20ish MB apiece), and the 'move to SD card' option was grayed out.
How can I free up some memory without rooting my phone (don't wanna risk being stuck with a no-warranty brick) or another factory reset? (I had the same problem in late January, and all the Sprint store told me was to factory reset it)
Thanks!

Do you have all possible applications that can be moved to the SD card? (If the app has a widget and you're using the widget, don't move it.)

Uninstall applications you don't use?

Move pictures/videos from phone to computer and then delete off phone? (or move them to external memory)

Those are some things I just thought of on the top of my head.

You can clear browser cache and other apps that might help. I used to do that with my Droid 1. Also if you haven't yet, you can try migrating your phone contacts to google rather than sorting then on your phone.

I'm gonna move this thread to the shift forums so someone with more experience can help.

Thanks for the tips; I just realized I never replied/updated.
I've moved everything I can to the SD card and regularly delete whatever apps I don't use; and that usually clears up the problem for another couple of weeks.
How can I shift my photos/videos from phone to computer en mass; and how do I convert my contacts from phone to Google contacts? Is there a way to do that for everyone without going into each and every single contact and changing it?

Back
Top Bottom