• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Time/Message Lag?

PeterRC

So, ever since I updated to 2.2 earlier in the year, my phone has been a miserable piece of crap. Sometimes when I turn the screen on, it will take up to 5 seconds for the phone to realize that the time is wrong, and it might be anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes behind. Then, once it actually realizes what the correct time is, it will THEN notify me of all the texts I received in the time between. Is this a 2.2 issue (I never had this issue when I was on 2.1) or is this a service issue? Oddly enough, when I plug my phone in to charge, it doesn't do this. As soon as I unplug it, it will start lagging behind if I don't check it every 30 seconds. What can I do here? Should I try a factory data reset? Or is there an easier way to fix this? Anyone else encounter this problem?

Oddly enough, when I plug my phone in to charge, it doesn't do this. As soon as I unplug it, it will start lagging behind if I don't check it every 30 seconds. What can I do here?

I'd suspect a battery issue.

One thing you might do is check what's using the battery.

Settings>About Phone>Battery Use

If you're seeing any large drain besides programs you know you're using, Android system, cell standby, wi-fi, phone idle, and screen, that might suggest a problem.

Also go to the Task Manager app (installed with 2.2) and check your active applications.

Back
Top Bottom