• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone unlock by itself

Singhraj

I have a Redmi note6 pro and when I press the power button to see the time only my phone is unlocked though my phone means to unlock only by pattern or fingers touch but today it's open by its own only why it is so?

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!

not sure why that happened. i would keep an eye on it and see of it happens again.

if it does i would start over and do factory reset

i doubt it. if your phone is hacked, you probably will not know it. they usually go after personal info and stuff like that. it is probably a either software glitch or somehow you were able to get the pattern correct via your pocket.

just monitor your financials and you should be alright

if you have doubts then you can always do a factory reset. that should undo any malware or virus installed if you want to be absolutely sure......but that is up to you.

if you have doubts then you can always do a factory reset. that should undo any malware or virus installed if you want to be absolutely sure......but that is up to you.
One more thing I wanna ask can my phone be hacked just by knowing an IMEI number and phone number by mobile network engineer?

it is probable possible. it is why you never ever give out your IMEI number. it is specific to your phone. giving out a phone number is different.

if you had your phone looked at by a legit tech usually keeps that kind of info under wraps. i can't say from any place else that might seem sketchy.

it is probable possible. it is why you never ever give out your IMEI number. it is specific to your phone. giving out a phone number is different.

if you had your phone looked at by a legit tech usually keeps that kind of info under wraps. i can't say from any place else that might seem sketchy.
Means that unlocking of phone can be done by him

Means that unlocking of phone can be done by him
did you take your phone in for any reason to get it fixed? if it is a legit place of business, i would not worry about it too much. if it is not from a legit place then there is always a possibility.

like i said a factory reset should undo anything nefarious.

here is something i found that might help:
https://security.stackexchange.com/...k-of-leaking-imei-imsi-numbers-over-a-network

imei can track your location for the most part from what i can read , but not anything such as credit card info and such.

like i said i would do a factory reset to ease your mind and start over.

did you take your phone in for any reason to get it fixed? if it is a legit place of business, i would not worry about it too much. if it is not from a legit place then there is always a possibility.

like i said a factory reset should undo anything nefarious.

here is something i found that might help:
https://security.stackexchange.com/...k-of-leaking-imei-imsi-numbers-over-a-network

imei can track your location for the most part from what i can read , but not anything such as credit card info and such.

like i said i would do a factory reset to ease your mind and start over.
Okay means any mobile network engineer can traced down my location by the IMEI number but he can't access my phone means gallery or lock/unlock phone, am I right?

By the doubt you mean he can't
It must be other reason for unlock?
i never confirm anything to be honest unless i'm 100% sure. it is just who i am. not knowing who this guy is or where you took your phone in leaves me with a little bit of doubt. like i said if it was a legit place of business, then your fine, but you have not told me where who this guy is so........ yeah

i never confirm anything to be honest unless i'm 100% sure. it is just who i am. not knowing who this guy is or where you took your phone in leaves me with a little bit of doubt. like i said if it was a legit place of business, then your fine, but you have not told me where who this guy is so........ yeah
Yeah it is legit place but my concern is only that can anyone access my phone just by IMEI number I had not given my phone physically to anyone but the person knows by IMEI NUMBER

no not just by the imei number from whati know. just by having the imei number your phone will not get hacked. something has to get installed and basically root your device in order to by pass your phone's security.

no not just by the imei number from whati know. just by having the imei number your phone will not get hacked. something has to get installed and basically root your device in order to by pass your phone's security.
Okay thanks alot I thought the person working in telecommunications network engineering by knowing IMEI number and phone number can access my phone

Back
Top Bottom