• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone will turn on but all that happens is the force close vibration. i dont know what happened.

my samsung epic 4g will turn on but when it does none of the buttons work and the force close vibration keeps going and going and going til the battery dies. i have no idea why this happened or what i can do, if anything, to fix this. has this happened to any of you. if so, what can i do to fix this. thanks, zeke.

Can you get into Download Mode? With the phone off, press the '1' button and then power button, I believe. If you see the Download screen, you might wanna try restoring the stock firmware. Otherwise perhaps some part of the hardware went bad?

Was the phone rooted?

yes phone is rooted. my battery is currently dead so im charging. i tried the 1 plus power button and it just turns it on. doesnt bring up any download screen.

Hmm, I suppose that could be a bad sign. On the Epic 4G that should take you into download mode. Did you try it without the phone plugged into anything, just to make sure?

And can you get into recovery? Do you have ClockworkMod installed or some alternate recovery? You might try wiping cache and dalvik cache, or even wiping data/factory reset, and if that doesn't help, try reflashing your ROM if you are on a custom ROM.

Other than that, I'm not too sure. I had a Samsung Sidekick that wouldn't boot up or stay in download mode, and it needed a new hardware component.

Back
Top Bottom