• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't advance past splash screen after update.

seedot11

Lurker
Hello;

I bought the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro locked to o2 from ebay brand new, and it was working great. After a little while I decided I might try Android 2.1 to see what all the fuss is about. I wish I hadn't.

I used the Sony Ericsson Update Service to upgrade it, it went without a hitch; however, ever since that upgrade, when I turn the phone on, the Sony Ericsson splash screen appears, and then the screen goes blank. Strangely enough, non-touch screen functions work such as calls ringing, adjusting volume (the volume level even appears on the otherwise blank screen). Also, when the phone is off, the battery level appears on screen.

I feel like I have tried everything. Including:
-Leaving the phone for 10 hours
-Taking out the battery for 10 hours
-Updating again (twice now)
-Using Phone Companion 2.0's repair service (twice now)
-Rebooting it with and without memory card and/or sim card

Extra information:
-I have not tried to root it
-I have not tried to flash it back to 1.6, in case Sony refuse to fix it. Also it looks very complicated.

I am out of options. Has anyone else experienced similar problems, or does anyone else have any other ideas? I don't think I can send it to Sony as I bought it off ebay. Also I'd rather not be without a phone for two weeks.

Thank you for your time.
-Seedot11

Back
Top Bottom