• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone???

Zach9312

Lurker
My mom still has her old Motorola Droid (the original) and I was wondering if it would still be able to be used as a phone... It still works and all I'll be using it for is the phone app... No data!!! I have a nexus 7 for that! But would it be able yo do that still? Is there CM for it? HELP!!! ITS EITHER THIS OR AN IPHONE AND I WOULD RATHER HAVE A FLIP PHONE THAN AN IPHONE!!!!

Well, it is a Motorola A855 (Droid) and the main thing is would it work better with CM 7 or CM9 than stock 2.2.2 fro yo!

Zach9312, another welcome to the site :hello:

Of course you can still use it as a phone, however as a smartphone you will still have to pay for a data package with VZW.

As far as which ROM is best, you won't find a CM9 for the A855, nor will you be happy trying to get any ICS ROM to work on it. CM7 variants (Gingerbread) are the latest you will find. The one I was using last was Simply Stunning 5.6 or something. Before that was one of the last CM6 (Froyo) nightlies before they updated to GB code.

Now you will find tons of ROMS and stuff in the link in my sig as well as some guides. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom