• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone's frozen, can't seem to download drivers to get data!

Hi,

Sorry if you've seen this question before--I tried to make sure it wasn't a repeat.

My Warp Sequent is on frozen. I can't enter the 4-digit security code to get to its functionality. The power button works (to make it light up or go dark), and pressing the down-volume button simultaneously w/ the power button makes the phone take a picture of the screen (?), but swiping/touching the screen yields nada.

When I plug in the phone to my Win 7 computer it (the computer) doesn't "read" the phone--that is, the phone shows up but it doesn't let me see the data in the phone.

I tried downloading a Warp Sequent driver from this forum but that doesn't seem to work--think the driver was for Win XP but that's obv. not what I'm running so is that why it didn't work?

What I WANT is to re-activate my phone w/o having to do a hard wipe (which will erase all the data I'm trying to save) so that I can use it as before. Failing that, I'd like to get the data off of my phone before I do a hard wipe.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks,

northbound

Can anyone recommend any other forums that I might try to get some help fixing my Warp Sequent? I'm getting no help at this one (though I readily concede that the problem might be all mine).

Thanks.

The only way to reactivate your phone and keep your data would be to make a backup. Then do a factory reset. If your not getting any response from your screen is gonna be hard to do anything with it. Sounds like maybe the digitizer is bad. Will need to be repaired. If you can come how get the screen to respond the warp sequent has the drivers for your comp installed on the phone. When you plug up your phone to the computer via usb an option box should pop up giving you 3 options. Choose the option to install the drivers to your computer. Once you infact do have the drivers ZTE makes s tool you can use to run a backup of your phone. You can get that from there website.

yea it seems like you just got a bad screen if touching it does nothing. i think thats what youre saying but its kinda unclear, no data would imply the phone functions but you get no internet, plugging it into a computer is a different ordeal entirely, not knowing the code for your lock screen is yet another issue, and a busted touchscreen is its own problem

if you cant in fact get the touchscreen to work, meaning no matter where you touch on the screen it will not do anything, a factory reset might help, but that is your only real option at this point, if that doesnt work youll have to send it to zte for fixing under warranty

Can anyone recommend any other forums that I might try to get some help fixing my Warp Sequent? I'm getting no help at this one (though I readily concede that the problem might be all mine).

Thanks.
and on this note, no... there is nowhere else i would recommend getting help for the warp sequent over this forum. there is another site which i am a moderator at but the community here is larger. if my answer was not fast enough though you can always call and get the wrong answer from zte next time, they get paid to tell you to factory reset your phone so their response time is much better

images

Hi everyone! I hope I am posting in the right place! If I am not please let me know. I just attempted to update my phone through the LG Update Tool. During the process the internet had a hiccup and now my screen is showing a frozen screen of my download. I am not able to get any responce from the phone what-so-ever. My computer beeps when I plug the phone in and try to connect. So I believe that the computer sees that I am plugging in a device but nothing changes or shows where I am connected in any way. I hope that someone has some info that will help me to reboot or reset so I can get back my phone, I really can't afford another one.

junkie2100 – I can see the data's in there: it keeps taking texts and phone messages. I know the lock-screen code but of course can't use it b/c the phone won't respond to touch. Also sorry if you took offense - I only called out for other forums b/c I figured you all had seen my problem enough times to be kind of bored w/ it. You're right that I'd probably get either a wrong answer or something more drastic than what I'd want from ZTE--though by now it'.s starting to look like the hard reset is my only option

Last question to anyone who's listening: would Bitpim would to pull the data from my phone? I didn't see ZTE listed as an option last time I was there - but would trying to look under another phone work? Does it matter that Bitpim appears to work only with CDMA phones?

well, this is a cdma phone, so that might help your understanding of that situation. as far as bitpim its been far too long since i used it, there was however an app posted on here from zte that could let you control your phone and manage everything via the computer you might check into that. im gonna be honest with you though i dont think a factory reset is gonna do it, that is the last resort before sending it back to zte for replacement/repair though

It's the digitizer--the digitizer doesn't work. My phone's still under warranty, so I guess I'll have to send it back in. Anyone know if they'll be able to replace the digitizer w/o completely wiping all of my information off the phone?

Back
Top Bottom