• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo of lightbleed

Mischka7

Hi all,

I just purchased a new Nexus 10. I was worried about lightbleed so I downloaded Backlight Bleed Test off of Play.

I took a photo of the screen with the bleed test app running at 100% brightness. I'm not an expert on display quality by any stretch, but that looks like some pretty bad light bleed.

Judging from the photo, is this par for the course with the Nexus 10? Will the bleeding get worse?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Mike

Attachments

• 2013-02-01 17.12.30.jpg
    2013-02-01 17.12.30.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
I've tried to take photos of mine but I know it is really hard to get a realistic photo. The camera seems to make it look a lot worse. I've had my 3rd Nexus 10 about 2 months now. The 1st had some light bleed but a problem with the rear cover. The 2nd had worse light bleed. The 3rd had almost the same amount of light bleed. I decided to get off the exchange train and just keep it. In daily use, I rarely even notice the light bleed and am still happy with it.

Seems like a lot of them have it to some extent you will probably have to exchange multiple times if you are looking for a completely perfect one, my 1st one I got was terrible and I took it back and exchanged, 2nd one is much better and I'm happy with it. If it bothers you I would exchange until you're satisfied with it, my 2nd one has a little but under normal operating conditions you can't notice it.

I attached a picture that was posted of one guy who had four of them, and you can see the variations between them. If I could compare mine to the ones in the pic, mine looks closest to the first one on the left.

Attachments

• nex10bleed.jpg
    nex10bleed.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom