• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PHOTOS ON DEVICE VS ON GOOGLE

If you open the Google Photos app and go to Menu > Device folders, that will only show photos which are currently stored on your device.

From the main Photos view, you can open a photo and look for a little "backup to cloud" button at the top right if a photo hasn't already been backed up.

I feel like there used to be a better way to tell at a glance, but these are the only ways I was able to check just a moment ago.

(PS - I moved your thread to the Google Photos channel in case another Photos user knows a better way.)

Upvote 0
If you open the Google Photos app and go to Menu > Device folders, that will only show photos which are currently stored on your device.

From the main Photos view, you can open a photo and look for a little "backup to cloud" button at the top right if a photo hasn't already been backed up.

I feel like there used to be a better way to tell at a glance, but these are the only ways I was able to check just a moment ago.

(PS - I moved your thread to the Google Photos channel in case another Photos user knows a better way.)
Thank you - I didn't realize and didn't want to delete something that was only in the cloud. My phone backs up all my pictures, twice - once on Dropbox and then in Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones