• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture / Video gallery

pbf98

Android Expert
I am not a big fan of the gallery that comes up when I select the gallery app. I got use to my old motorola phone that when you went to your gallery it would bring up the different albums that you had pictures in, and I had the pictures from my camera, pictures that were downloaded and then videos.

Is there any way to get on here? because the gallery that is on here puts every single picture and video together, which can make it difficult to find pictures I am looking for.

Are there settings I can change or do I have to get a 3rd party app for it?

Thanks

that was an AOSP gallery, you would need to root, and remove the blur gallery, and install the aosp gallery apk.

Download the app quick pic. Its a gallery replacement. Works great

+1 - It's also much quicker to update. On my phone, the stock gallery app seemed to have problems updating the thumbnails when new images were added. QuickPic - much faster to load and to update.

Alright I installed that one, there is only one thing I have a question about, can you make your own albums? with my previous one I could just put pictures in a folder in the dcim folder and It would group those as an album. When I do this with this gallery it does not do this.

Another one I found that i liked was Gallery ICS, but I run into the same problem.

I just noticed that my Gallery friendfeed isn't working. It shows some of my pictures pinned to a wall... not your normal facebook friends pics..

Back
Top Bottom