• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pie update

daffyducknj

Android Enthusiast
Just received mine OTA a few days ago. I won't say it's like buying a brand new phone, but it's close. I'm glad I waited for it this time around. I've had no app crashes so far, and using the battery saver doesn't slow down the phone as much as it did in Oreo.

I might be in the minority on this, but the battery life is much better for me. It's nearly as good as when I bought the phone last year, in July. Battery life was dipping for a while; before the update, I was getting about 6-7 hours under heavy use. Now it's back to about 8 or 9, which makes sense as I do run quite a few social media and news apps on the phone. If I use it less (and switch off some of the apps for a while), the phone has about 16-24 hours of power, sometimes longer if I use the battery saver. Not bad. I was considering going the DIY route for a new battery, or taking it to a repair shop for that.

If you don't need the latest features or 64 bit compatibility for apps, I can recommend this phone if you buy it unlocked and update it to Pie/9.0.

yeah pie seems to have helped my note 8's battery life. it was pretty good to begin with, but it seems like i can really put heavy use out of the phone and still get 8hrs of battery use. glad to see it works well on your moto g6

Back
Top Bottom