• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel 7 not blocking SPAM calls anymore

NewArtDroid

I don't know if I posted in the right forum.

I have a Pixel 7 running Android 14 and I am suddenly getting a TON of Spam phone calls that are distracting me a lot. I have "See caller and SPAM ID" as turned on and I have Call Screen as Maximum Protection.

All of these calls are the same area code as my phone, which is about 1000 miles away from me. While call screening is catching them, it's also causing my phone to vibrate for each missed call, none of which I care about. I am reporting each one as Junk to Google, but it requires me to put some explanatory message in each time. I'm getting so many, it's too hard.

I have had this phone 2 years and only started to have this problem in the last week. What changed? Any help would be appreciated on making sure these SPAM calls, all from the same area code of my own phone (to which I don't usually receive calls), don't notify me. I'd also like to turn dow my call screening from maximum to medium, as I just almost missed a very important call, but I answered it since it looked like a local area code and I'm glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom