• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 9 pro xl

Deadpool 2 Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

We don't have phone specific forums any more..... at least in this version of the forums.
I do think that product specific "forums" would be the most user-friendly approach (which is why we had Channels). Sadly, we don't have the development team, moderation team, or user interest to resurrect them at large.

I would love to create dedicated forums for the most highly anticipated products that are rumored/upcoming; and then, after product release, we would likely dissolve them into their parent category.

But to do that, I would need help creating a list of rumored/upcoming products (along with anticipated release dates) and keeping it updated.

Is there a way for you to employ that oh-so-venerated "AI" to do the heavy lifting on that; and then rely on members to contribute organic (aka "real") content to the fora?

I do think that product specific "forums" would be the most user-friendly approach (which is why we had Channels). Sadly, we don't have the development team, moderation team, or user interest to resurrect them at large.

I would love to create dedicated forums for the most highly anticipated products that are rumored/upcoming; and then, after product release, we would likely dissolve them into their parent category.

But to do that, I would need help creating a list of rumored/upcoming products (along with anticipated release dates) and keeping it updated.
Why not have guides again to help out?

Is there a way for you to employ that oh-so-venerated "AI" to do the heavy lifting on that; and then rely on members to contribute organic (aka "real") content to the fora?
I've thought about this - and it's a great idea - but as far as I know most of the AIs (ex: OpenAI) are trained on data that is months old at a minimum. So when a new product is rumored or announced, there's no easy way (within my abilities) to tap into live data.

ChatGPT is able to search the web, which I've tested, but the results for making product-based lists is mediocre at best... especially since it often pulls from crappy outdated sites like CNET that just have lots of link authority. I'm sure we could

If people have ideas... I'd welcome them!
Why not have guides again to help out?
I'd also welcome a Guide-based solution! I've tried to rally support on news-based tasks like these without much luck. In the past, we'd have the opposite problem: numerous members would post links/threads to the related news and we'd need Guides to help consolidate discussion!

I'm all for a community-based solution if we can craft a process and get it rolling!

I have Google Alerts set up, searching for new articles related to my criteria. Perhaps it would be helpful if VIPs and veteran members in each niche set up criteria and posted the latest news about their device or brand.

Back
Top Bottom