• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel bootloader

wtheu3976

Lurker
I just got a Pixel 6 and wanted get into the bootloader (to load in a different OS). It seemed to OEM unlock just fine, but when I went into the bootloader, it's saying that it's locked. Is there any fix for this, or am I stuck with it? Thanks, Wolf

It sounds like your Google Pixel’s bootloader is locked. To unlock it, you’ll need to follow a few steps. Here’s a general guide:

1. Enable Developer Options:
    • Go to Settings > About phone.
    • Tap on Build number multiple times until you see a message that Developer Options are enabled.
  2. Enable OEM Unlocking:
    • Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options.
    • Find and enable OEM unlocking.
  3. Boot into Fastboot Mode:
    • Power off your device.
    • Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the Fastboot Mode screen appears.
  4. Connect to a PC:
    • Ensure you have the Android SDK Platform-Tools installed on your PC.
    • Connect your phone to the PC via USB.
  5. Unlock the Bootloader:
    • Open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC.
    • Type the following command and press Enter:
      fastboot flashing unlock<br>
    • Follow the on-screen instructions on your phone to confirm the unlock.
  6. Reboot Your Device:
    • Once the process is complete, reboot your device by typing:
      fastboot reboot<br>
-

From my copilot.

I just got a Pixel 6 and wanted get into the bootloader (to load in a different OS). It seemed to OEM unlock just fine, but when I went into the bootloader, it's saying that it's locked. Is there any fix for this, or am I stuck with it? Thanks, Wolf
i always go to xda for anything root related like unlocking a bootloader. here is a guide for you:

Many thanks, that worked. This wasn't explained in the installation directions.
what worked? and just curious where did you get your instructions? going forward always do your research over at XDA Forums. and feel free to pop back here if you have any questions. xda forum are great for getting info and guides, but there can be drama over there and thus i never post anything there. here we are much more friendly and drama free ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom