• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Store - "error while retrieving information from server"

Hi
I have another problem with Google play, it started about 2 days ago, i can't install or update any
apps

Screenshot_2013-06-08-12-27-44_zps02def4f1.png

Hi Slug

Just got an email back from Google, seems it's a known issue to them with no workaround.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/known-issues/1319135?hl=en

I seem to have found a workaround to this problem :)
I created another account setup my phone for it, then searched for the apps which needed updated from the googlplay website, clicked to install the app & they did so on my phone :)
happy days :)

With the last few apps i had to install i had to log off my google account on my phone & log back on, they started to update as soon as i logged on again

That sounds like a lot more work that what I did - which is just remove and re-add your account. Even with several hundred contacts, it only takes me a few minutes to re-sync everything over wifi. If you wanted to find the cause, I'd suggest rebooting to recovery, doing a full pull of /data, rebooting to system, remove and re-add your google account...then do another pull of /data from recovery after sync, and see what's different with beyond compare. There's a chance you could find the root source of the corruption. I'd do it myself, but obviously, I've already fixed the issue. If I could replicate it, I'd do just what I described.

Just wanted to throw that out there for anybody else who finds this issue and wants to help with a proper fix.

Back
Top Bottom