• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play Store/Market not on phone?

Edge2834

Hey,

A friend of mine recently got this phone, and I was rooting the device for him using the AAHK kit. I believe all things were successful, except now I'm confronted with this tough issue - there is no Google Play Store app or Market app on the phone.

First off, he bought this phone via eBay, and it came in an Android box. It is apparently has HTC Sense 2.1 and Android 2.3.3, however it has no Market app or Google Play Store. It also has some odd apps that I don't think normally should come with the phone such as "Rebooter", and "no-frills CPU control", as well as an app that is in a language that looks to be Taiwanese/Chinese that's icon is a red button.

So, I tried installing the latest version of Play Store via an apk. I had to use an odd Root Explorer that was on this phone (the title of which was "R.E" and then a bunch of Chinese/Taiwanese characters). I installed the apk and it alerted me that it had installed correctly, however, when I went to open to Play Store app, the loading screen comes up, and then it crashes.

I then tried to download an older version of the Play Store (3.5.15), but this version crashed on startup, as well.

Anyone have any pointers at all about this? This is very weird; and I'm stumped.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom