• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE, for what app is this icon?!

sasha lee

Lurker
It's the bubble icon on left..notice direcrion of "tail" and number (3) of dots inside the bubble in the front. I know for certain it's not just regular sms, as I've seen that icon in other SS images, and they are squares, and w/o dots inside.
Any help is appreciated immensely!!!

Attachments

• CA742CA0-1F57-4CB1-A6C0-173F252E50ED.jpeg
    CA742CA0-1F57-4CB1-A6C0-173F252E50ED.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,899
There are many SMS apps and they all have different icons, and some do indeed use ovals and have dots.

I have seen that icon, but can't offhand remember whether it's an SMS app or some other messaging app (things like WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegraph, Messenger, which do the same thing but not via SMS). But that's all it is, some message app.

There are many SMS apps and they all have different icons, and some do indeed use ovals and have dots.

I have seen that icon, but can't offhand remember whether it's an SMS app or some other messaging app (things like WhatsApp, WeChat, Telegraph, Messenger, which do the same thing but not via SMS). But that's all it is, some message app.

Yes, I can tell it's some sort of chat app icon, but uncertain as to which one. It's from a current/recent notification, so I'm hoping someone else who uses it takes the time to respond. Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it!

Try looking in your phone's Settings >> Apps menu, there's probably an app in the list that with an icon that matches that notification icon. (And enable 'Show system' just in case that corresponding app is something like carrier-installed, system-level app.)

These queries rarely come from the owner of the phone: after all, if they were getting the notifications they could just open it and they'd know what app. The trouble is that there are so many of these things with similar icons.

But at least it makes a change for it not to be a heart icon that's prompting the question ;)

Back
Top Bottom