• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help Firmware Update

Trevon360

Please help me my Kyocera rise has a update available and i downloaded the package 2 or 3 times and i ran it to update boot a error poped up and it says update failed..btw i did root my phone and may have moved around some system apps. any way to fix this?!?!

You cant update majority of VM phones if there rooted. You would have to restore the stock factory image and then update.

So yep the problem is root

Not true I have seen in most cases if rooted you will just lose root after update and my wife has the rise and im doing the update with hers right now
Also her phone was rooted and it completed the update

My Rise is rooted with a bunch of system apps removed, changed boot animation, moved Trebuchet launcher and some other stuff to system/app, etc. and the update went through fine on the first try over 3g. Still have root and phone works fine. I wouldnt worry about it to much cause it dosent seem to do much if anything.

My phone is also rooted.rooted it first thing I saw this.froze a few system apps and took the OTA.didn't lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom