• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help...LG Volt stuck in bootloop, can't access recovery or download mode, only fastboot

erogier

Jan 6, 2017
Hi all,
I hope someone can help me figure out how to get my volt working again . A little history....Around the first of the year the phone started freezing and turning off on a regular basis until it finally started bootlooping. At the time I had not rooted or put a custom recovery. I followed the guide for unbricking by bg4m3r that takes you back to ZV3 and then let it update. I then rooted and installed TWRP.All went smoothly and worked beautifully for about three weeks and it started the bootloop again. I tried installing a backup through recovery but nooo, it would not work. Finally, I reinstalled the os again following the same unbrick guide, updated, rerooted, etc. This has happened a couple more times. A few days ago Google froze up on me and the phone locked up...Finally got it powered down but when it restarted...bootloop ! However this time I can not access recovery. At first it would get to the factory reset screen but go no further. So I thought I would see if I could get into download mode but it goes to fastboot instead. I read that this could be a corrupt laf. partition and that flashing a radio.img would fix it. I tried flashing a zv6 radio image but it came back with remote : partition table does not exist. I did not reboot, just pulled the battery and got back into fast boot. When I type fastboot devices the s/n that comes back is a twrp backup I made in Jan. I queried for a partition list and it came back with "status read failed(too many links)
This is a rooted LG volt / ls740.
The phone is stuck in bootloop. I have twrp but can't access it.. I can't get into download mode either . It goes to fastboot.The computer recognizes the phone as "Android bootloader interface" I don't know what to do
crying.gif
Please help ..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones