• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root please help me figure this one out.

Jenny89128

ok so i have the zte avid. ive rooted it and absolutly love this phone. a few weeks ago i dropped it and my screen broke i thiught it was a goner but turns out i can still fix it. i had my number switched over to another phone while i was getting my screen fixed. now that i want to put my number back on my beloved zte avid i cant. when i try to manually program the phone it says "unfortunately custom command has stopped" after i type in the SID code. also when ive tried to program through the *228 code from metro pcs it says no network available. Does anyone know if i will be able to fix this?

thanks for reading
hopelessly longing for my rooted zte :(

I'm guessing you don't want to take it to metro... I would flash back to stock even your recovery and take back to them. Theirs a thread with a stock zip to flash this for ya, even flashes your recovery

thanks spanky i am going to try that now, i guess it cant get any worse than it already is. will i be able to get it back to root or will i have to root the phone again? if it works that is...

well i took it back to stock lost root and have all these apps i dont want. i guess at this point i can take it back to metro and argue that the warenty isnt up. thanks for trying spanky i appreciate it...

well it turns out that my avid will be layed to rest...aparently one of the gold strips on my sim card reader is missing so it will not read my sim card and theres nothing that can be done for it :(

Back
Top Bottom