• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me optimize my gt s-5570

nicospanas

Jan 26, 2015
I have a GT S-5570 (movistar) s5570xwks2 with android 2.3.5. It is very slow, slower than death and I believe this is because of the little free memory that is left (internal 38.1 MB, system ROM 30.2). Few months ago I rooted it in order to remove some of the pre-installed crap, but since I had to install several other things in the process (titanium, busybox, SU, su validator) as well as to back up the pre-installed crap in case I ever needed to restore it to factory defaults, I did not see much difference. Also, as I am no expert I was not sure which things I could actually remove without causing a malfunction.

I haven't installed very large applications, the largest being whatsup 30.29 (then google play store 20.79 and es file explorer 9.29). I have actually installed only apps that I need.

So, I was wondering if there is any custom rom that is lightweight and without major bugs that I could flash, that may resolve my issue.

Also, I would like to know where can I get a stock rom and recovery in case things go south, so that I can restore it to factory settings.

And last, as I am new to these things, I would appreciate few steps for how to flash the custom rom and recovery (preferably TWRP), as well as from where can I get a custom recovery for my model.

Last edited:
I tried a couple of custom roms but I had problems with google play store, wouldn't let me install apps. I'm thinking of flashing a stock rom and start all over but I have two problems. First I can't seem to find the right stock rom for my mobile. Will any of the stock roms for gt s5570 do?

Both my PC's don't recognize my phone in download mode. I have the latest drivers for samsung mobiles and I can normally connect it to my PC, but not in download mode. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several versions of the driver but it just won't work. PC's are windows 8.1 and 10.

Is it possible to flash a stock rom through CWM?

Upvote 0
Since this thread has already several views, I thought to come back and write of what have happened.

Apparently, one can flash any of the stock roms for gt-s5570. I have tried a couple of them and they worked. Since I couldn't get my windows 10 PC to recognize my phone in download mode (though I have the latest drivers installed), I found that there is an app called Mini Odin that you can install on your phone and you can flash them from there. I found a thread in xda-developers with a list of stock roms with the bootloader removed to avoid risk of hard brick and I flashed one of them. Then I rooted the phone, flashed a CWM custom recovery. From there I had a quite big selection of custom roms that I could flash.

Most of the roms I tried had their pros and cons, but I couldn't find one that would make my old phone to work better than stock. In my case, when I say better, I mean fast which was my objective.

Finally, I came upon a custom rom called Void, developed by jayOOMjav on xda, that not only works without bugs but it made my phone snappy like a modern one. :)

The rom runs on android 2.3.7, based on CM 7.2 and it has Link2SD installed that gives the option to store every app on extSD partition.

At the moment my internal memory has 134MB free whereas on stock (after google services updated) I never had more than 30. My system has 24% free memory. Of course that all depends on how many apps you are going to install, but for me personally it is perfect. Give it a go if you need speed on gt s5570 and let me know of your opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones