• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE help; removed too much

Craig12

Jan 13, 2011
i recently rooted my phone and got a little "power happy" deleting things with autokiller memory optimizer,
i think i went too far deleting things and i now get a message anytime i try to do anything with my gmail account: reading emails, downloading from market etc...

the message reads:The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. and a force close option

any ideas what this means and most importantly how to fix...
My phone is samsung galaxy apollo 3 i5801
thanks in advance Craig

...the message reads:The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. and a force close option

You can probably remedy that by going into the application manager and clearing data and cache and defaults (if available) on all apps related to Google, including Gmail and Gmail storage.

Then reboot and reconfigure Gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones