• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help .

Ok so I used Framaroot to root phone. Now im pretty much lost on what to do. I would like to switch to a custom rom and I am not sure which one to use or exactly what I need to do such as where to get the rom or what I need to be able to switch. Would like to be able to view and open all my files but alot of them just say that I don't have any thing to open the file. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it thanks.

1) Area51 has ROMS for the Prevail. I haven't checked there since the 2 came out, but they probably have at least 1 for it.

2) All you need is whatever the instructions for the ROM tell you you need - probably Odin.

3) Rooting the stock ROM when you're going to replace it with a rooted ROM (which is just about any ROM you'll find) is a waste of effort.

4) All computers work the same way. The computer doesn't open a data file (document, movie, music, etc.), an app (or program - same thing) does. And you have files that you have no app to open. The solution to that isn't a ROM - you'll still not have the apps you need to open those files. The solution is to find the apps you need to open those files and install them.

The reason to flash a new ROM is to get something not in the stock ROM, without losing anything from the stock ROM that you need. Flashing a ROM just to have a custom ROM is like repainting your car the same color it is. You have a custom paint job, but so what?

If you want the phone to look different, try a few new launchers. Change the wallpaper. You don't need a ROM to make the phone "yours".

Thank you very much. I was not aware that custom roms were rooted and that by rooting my phone essentially had given me what the custom rom would have . I know it was a probably (for you) a no brainer , but thank you very much for taking the time to explain my question I really appreciated it.

Back
Top Bottom