• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE READ. (Samsung Galaxy s2 t989 T-Mobile Hard Reset Wont Work.)

Allan Ross

Lurker
Jan 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I've been having this problem all day. Today during school, i turned off my phone for only a few minutes, like 3 or so. When i tried to turn it back on, it wouldnt vibrate or do nothing. I knew that my phone wasnt dead because before i shut it off, i had battery. So i decided to take the battery in and out multiple times and turn it back on. It wouldnt work. When i got home, i put it on the charger and it didnt even show that it was charging. I went online and looked up how to fix a problem like this. HARD RESETTING DID NOT WORK. I tried to look for other solutions and there was nothing i could find similar to my problem besides hard resetting or master resetting which did not work. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? T-mobile is always closed by the time i try to go.
thank you.
If you find any possible solutions to try other than hard resetting, please contact me and email me @allan.ross16000952@gmail.com

If it won't turn on at all I don't see how you can hard reset it.

If the charging light doesn't come on that usually means there's a hardware fault, in which case repair is your only option. In any event, if you can't get it to power on at all, not even into the bootloader or download mode, there is nothing you can do but take it in for repair.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you have access to a different battery you could try that, just in case your current battery has suddenly, magically died completely - it would at least eliminate that possibility. Phones run off the battery even when on the charger (the charger just does that, charges the battery), so if the battery were not delivering any current the phone would not boot. But while that would be the cheap and easy fix, I have to say that there's more to actually go wrong in a phone than a battery, so there's a good chance that isn't the answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones