• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root plz delete this thread

Zenwafer

Have a Samsung Galaxy Rush?

Have Clockworkmod? - http://androidforums.com/rush-all-things-root/632670-oudhs-clockworkmod-recovery-6-0-1-9-a.html

Have you flashed a ROM and/or our OC kernal and now find yourself wanting to try Jellybean 4.1.2?

Have a current backup?

Do you not mind that it comes already rooted?

Do you understand the following?

DISCLAIMER:

I, nor anyone here, is responsible for what YOU do to your phone.

This WILL wipe your phone's data including your emulated sdcard / internal storage, so copy/move everything you want to save from it to your extsdcard or computer

This WILL NOT wipe your external sdcard

This WILL NOT update your baseband/modem

If you can answer yes to each and every question and fully understand the above Disclaimer by all means proceed to the next post.

Link will be posted here after confirmation that others have successfully flashed this.

***If you'd like to test this either send me a PM or say so in this thread after you make a backup***

I took the system folder and boot image from the CWM backup which I made after doing the OTA update from our stock 4.0.4 (MB3) to 4.1.2 (MD5) and put them into a CWM flashable zip along with the updater-script from Super Helado which I modified to format /data and not change the boot animation.

tl;dr - Yes, you should be able to flash this over whatever your current system is. I know I have :smokingsomb:

Now a question for you, K Rize - Are you the one to thank for the updater-script in Helado?

Back
Top Bottom