• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Plz help!!!! Esteem problem on reboot

Jsolajr

Lurker
Plz help, my esteem was rooted and worked fine was gona take it in for minor repair so I did a factory reset, now when it boots up it goes straight into cwm recovery screen, I tried to recover my original stock rom from internal sdcard and it starts procedure but then gives me a Error while restoring /system msg can anyone help me get it back to stock rom? It's an lg esteem from metro pcs

1) Did you try restoring the backup rioght after you made it? (An untried backup is worth about as much as one you never made.)

2) Do you still have the tested copy of the backup? (You DID make a copy of the backup, right?)

I think I did, I backed up original rom on cwm, when I go to restore I see the original rom back up file, but when I try to restore it I get that /system error

I was able to go back to my original stock rom from the back up, at that point I did a factory restore, and that's where the problem began

Glad to see you back running . But in the future if you have this problem and can't find a backup . A.don't panic and throw the phone out of a 20 story apartment building window. B. On the lg website there is a life saving tool . This tool is located in the upper right hand corner. In the corner is a drop down box in this box is a section called UPDATE RECOVERY . click on this option and let it do the thing . This would put the zve os back on the device . Yes the phone would be just like it was taken out the box . You can use this to repair prblems like keyboard glitch etc .here is the link.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGMS910

Back
Top Bottom