• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Podcast Manager with storage management

Paul7876

May 29, 2010
Can anyone recommend a podcast manager that has an option to specify how much space should be used / left free?

I've tried Doggcatcher and don't really like it. I'd happily use MyPod 2 but it's still lacking basic features (eg mark played or unplayed).

Thanks for the replies. I've tried all the ones mentioned and at the moment I've settled on Pocket Casts because of the smart playlists and syncing.
I tried to avoid it because of the developers attitude but I may as well use what I've paid for :)
FWIW, I've had a problem with the developer too. It was the free app of the day on Amazon a long time ago and then subsequently they pulled it from Amazon and I would have been forced to purchase it "again" from the Play Store. Yes, I understand it was free on Amazon, but it wasn't billed as a limited time item. They should have given a free Play Store copy to the Amazon users.

Upvote 0
I see MyPOD but what is MyPOD 2? I'm now interested because I have a very specific idea that I haven't seen supported anywhere.....but might be possible with MyPOD. Basically I listen to my podcasts in order as they come in (for the most part they are background noise for me, I don't care what is playing just want something playing while I'm working or doing whatever). What I would like it do is play a random song (or 2 or 3....call it user definable) from a folder with my collection in it after a podcast (or a couple of podcasts, ideally again user definable). Mostly I just want to have a short musical interlude between podcasts.

I actually had this working before PocketCasts but it was a real kludge. Basically MediaMonkey downloaded the podcasts to my computer, and sync'd the 5 oldest episodes to my device. I would then just set the music player to random play from the music and podcast folder. The biggest drawbacks is I had to manually remember what podcasts I listen to so I could delete them to have new ones sync'd over.

It is ideas like this that make me wish I was a developer, just so I could scratch my own itch so to speak.

Upvote 0
I see MyPOD but what is MyPOD 2? I'm now interested because I have a very specific idea that I haven't seen supported anywhere.....but might be possible with MyPOD. Basically I listen to my podcasts in order as they come in (for the most part they are background noise for me, I don't care what is playing just want something playing while I'm working or doing whatever). What I would like it do is play a random song (or 2 or 3....call it user definable) from a folder with my collection in it after a podcast (or a couple of podcasts, ideally again user definable). Mostly I just want to have a short musical interlude between podcasts.

I actually had this working before PocketCasts but it was a real kludge. Basically MediaMonkey downloaded the podcasts to my computer, and sync'd the 5 oldest episodes to my device. I would then just set the music player to random play from the music and podcast folder. The biggest drawbacks is I had to manually remember what podcasts I listen to so I could delete them to have new ones sync'd over.

It is ideas like this that make me wish I was a developer, just so I could scratch my own itch so to speak.

I don't honestly know if mypod 2 can do what you need, I don't have it installed as I'm waiting until it's a bit more polished.
Having said that, it's right here if you want to try it
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.sentinelweb.mypod.v2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones