• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poll: Did you get the OTA MR update yet? Yes or NO?

Have you recieved the OTA MR update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I previously voted no, but I just got the update sent to my phone today. I'm so happy, I have been waiting for this since it was announced!

I need help though, I want to backup the update.zip file first, before I install it. That way I have a backup copy just incase.

I can't locate the file anywhere on the sd card. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I previously voted no, but I just got the update sent to my phone today. I'm so happy, I have been waiting for this since it was announced!

I need help though, I want to backup the update.zip file first, before I install it. That way I have a backup copy just incase.

I can't locate the file anywhere on the sd card. Thank you!
You have to make a copy of it BEFORE you install it because once the file installs the installer is deleted.
But the file is posted all over this thread.

Upvote 0
its all good man no worries ;)

there is a copy on their forums in the android development sub-forum, and FYI only one screen name here, same one since 09 :D

You have to make a copy of it BEFORE you install it because once the file installs the installer is deleted.
But the file is posted all over this thread.

Hey mwl1119 and behold_this, you posted links to your update.zip file, so how did you do it? I have the OTA update, I have not installed it yet. I pressed postpone. So how did you copy the file off your sdcard?

Upvote 0
Hey mwl1119 and behold_this, you posted links to your update.zip file, so how did you do it? I have the OTA update, I have not installed it yet. I pressed postpone. So how did you copy the file off your sdcard?

I never got mine from an OTA mine was downloaded from a link posted on another forum. The link to the file I used has since been deleted so I posted it on megaupload so everyone could use it on here.

I really have no clue how the file would be labeled from T-mobile but it was labeled update.zip when I got it.

Upvote 0
Got the update and my email on my phone seems to be setup differently. In the past when an email was sent to me it would go to my phone and my pc. Now if my pc is on I only get it on my PC.

If my PC is off I get it on my phone but once i turn the pc on the emails are deleted on the phone as soon as i fire up outlook.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Upvote 0
once i turn the pc on the emails are deleted on the phone as soon as i fire up outlook.
The issue could be what each of your email clients (the one on your phone and outlook) are doing with your emails. It sounds like your phone might be looking at your mail account, but outlook deletes emails from the mail account when it gets them. Check the settings of each program (phone's mail and outlook's settings).

Upvote 0
If it fully downloaded but you have not applied it look in/pull from: /cache in the phones files

ya its not in there, btw you only have 2 options. 1 click postpone and the notification stays in the indicator. 2 click update, it takes you into an install screen, you have no choice other than to install it. it never just downloads onto your sd card.

I verified with my nerdy android geek buddy, it takes you directly into updating, you cant just download the update.zip file then decide to update later. i dont know how the other people who posted their update.zip file did it.

anyways

Upvote 0
ya its not in there, btw you only have 2 options. 1 click postpone and the notification stays in the indicator. 2 click update, it takes you into an install screen, you have no choice other than to install it. it never just downloads onto your sd card.

I verified with my nerdy android geek buddy, it takes you directly into updating, you cant just download the update.zip file then decide to update later. i dont know how the other people who posted their update.zip file did it.

anyways

Well you and your buddy could not be more wrong!! How do you think I provided you the update zip then? lmao!

Upvote 0
Tmo also said if you use a task killer you won't get updated which is actually BS! The truth is tmo is the worst at updating phones because...well...they just don't ever do it and the few times they have they have always ended up pulling the update because of problems. The only phone to get a successful OTA from tmo is the g1 over a year ago! Do yourself a favor and manually update with the update.zip

On a side note this is my 1,000th post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones